- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
4Ride provides a free and safe ride to/from locations on and near the Foggy Bottom Campus during late night hours for students who prefer to not walk alone. Students seeking transport for “convenience” should use local transport services such as taxicabs, Uber, or Lyft. You can reserve a ride in two ways:
- Use “MyGW Portal” by going to my.gwu.edu and select 4Ride from “Quick Links” to select a ride up to two hours in advance. You can check the progress of the van assigned to your request can be tracked via the online system and a text message will be sent when your van is arriving
- Call (202) 994-RIDE (7433) between 8pm-4am.
- You are required to show GWorld identification to the driver.
- Drivers reserve the right to refuse service in situations placing them or other passengers at risk.
- Be respectful to the drivers, other passengers and the vehicle at all times.
- Do not leave any garbage and ensure you have all possessions before exiting (especially keys and cell phone).
- Food and drink must be in a sealed container and/or bagged throughout the ride.
- 4Ride will not transport anyone with alcoholic beverages (open or close).
- Students who make a substantial mess (including vomit) will be charged a $200 cleaning cost and be reported to the Office of Students Rights & Responsibilities.
- Since 4Ride is a safety service, it will not transport students to the grocery store or other tasks which are more appropriate for other transportation options (taxicabs, Uber, Lyft, etc.).
- Remain alert before/after riding in the 4Ride vehicle and be cognizant of your surroundings and the nearest Emergency Call Box.