- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Mount Vernon Shuttle / The Vern Express
The Vern Express shuttle routes provide transportation between GW's Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon campuses.
The summer 2015 Vern Express schedule will go into effect on Monday, May 18.
Until then, the schedule may be viewed here.
Stop Locations on the Mount Vernon Campus
- Pick-up: The Quad by Somers Hall
- Drop-off: Rear of Academic Building/Soccer field & Eckles Library
Stop Locations on the Foggy Bottom Campus
Pick-up and Drop-off: 23rd and G Streets (Funger Hall) and 2025 E Street (Red Cross Building)
- 6a.m. - 11p.m., departs both campuses every 15 minutes
- There is no service between 11p.m. through 6a.m.
- 8a.m. - 6p.m., departs both campuses every 15 minutes
- 6p.m. - 11p.m., departs both campuses every 30 minutes
- There is no service between 11p.m. through 8a.m.
- Memorial Day: Monday 25 (no classes) 8a.m. - 11p.m. departs both campuses every 30 minutes
There is no service between 11p.m. and 8a.m.
- Independence Day: Thursday, Juley 4 (no classes) 8a.m. - 1 a.m, departs both campuses every 30 minutes
There is no service between 1a.m. through 6 a.m.
Timing for One-Way Trip
The one-way trip between the campuses on the Vern Express typically takes 10-13 minutes.
During heavy traffic conditions, especially on weekdays from 7am to 10am and 3pm to 7pm during rush hour, the one-way trip may take longer. Passengers are encouraged to plan accordingly.
Contact Troy Hawkins, GW Transportation Manager, at 202-994-5037 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns or complaints.