- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
The George Washington University Transportation & Parking Services (TPS) Department, as part of the Division of Operations, is responsible for managing the day-to-day parking operations at The George Washington University’s Foggy Bottom, Mount Vernon, and Virginia Science and Technology campuses along with transportation services which provide access to our three main campuses. TPS is dedicated to providing the highest quality facilities and services for the campus community and our visitors while keeping in line with the university’s overall mission and goals.
GW Observes the 58th Presidential Inauguration
All schedules are subject to change in advance of and/or during Inauguration Weekend. Visit campus advisories for the most up-to-date information.
SHUTTLES AND 4-RIDE
- The Mount Vernon Campus shuttle (Vern Express/VEX) will remain operational throughout the weekend. Shuttle stop locations will remain in the same locations on the Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon Campuses.
- Riders must have a GWorld or government issued ID in order ride the bus.
- 4-RIDE will operate on a reduced service schedule on Thursday, Jan. 19 and will only operate from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. Regular hours of service resume on Friday, Jan. 20 at 8 p.m.
- The VSTC Express and the Wiehle Express will not operate on Friday, Jan. 20.
University parking operations will be consolidated on Friday, Jan. 20. Only the parking garages at Science & Engineering Hall, Lerner Health & Wellness Center and 2200 Pennsylvania Avenue (below Whole Foods) will be open. All other parking garages are closed on Jan. 20.
- Science & Engineering Hall (SEH): Public parking including GW, University Hospital, and MFA visitors. Employees who do not have daily debit or monthly
parking may park at SEH. Standard parking rates apply for Friday, Jan. 20. Visit https://transportation.gwu.edu/visitors for additional information regarding parking rates.
Current active monthly parkers who are assigned to other garages should park in SEH. Monthly parkers need to have their GWorld and current valid sticker for monthly parking on their vehicle. Failure to show both a valid monthly sticker and GWorld card will result in the parker being charged the standard daily parking rate.
- Lerner Health & Wellness Center (LHWC): Any current active GW daily debit parker may park at this location on Jan. 20. If LHWC is your current assigned monthly garage, you may also park here as well. This location is outside of the security perimeter.
- 2200 Pennsylvania Avenue: For the GW portion of the garage, parking is restricted to current active MFA and GWUH personnel with monthly parking.
- As to exiting all garages on campus during the inaugural activities, please head out of perimeter quickly but safely, watch for pedestrians and follow directions by law enforcement and National Guard personnel.
- REMEMBER there will be NO street parking allowed on any roads on campus as of 7am Thursday 1/19 and those restrictions will be lifted as of 1am on 1/21/17.
Normal parking operations resume Saturday, Jan. 21.